How Shortcodes Ultimate plugin works
Shortcodes Ultimate plugin provides you with capability to use numerous shortcodes. Using these shortcodes you can add various elements, from simple buttons to complex galleries to your site.
After installation, the plugin will add several new elements to Dashboard.
"Insert shortcode" button
The plugin adds new button above the editor, near to Add media button. With the help of this button shortcodes can be quickly inserted into editor.
Take the folowing steps to insert shortcode:
- Press "Insert shortcode" button;
- You can use search field or filter shortcodes by groups. Select the requried shortcode from the list;
- Change shortcode settings if you want;
- You can enable preview by pressing "Live preview" button at the bottom of shortcode settings window;
- Press "Insert shortcode" button at the bottom of the screen.
That's it. Now shortcode is added to the editor.
New menu "Shortcodes" at sidebar
New menu item, "Shortcodes", will be added to sidebar at the dashboard.
Plugin settings page.
This page contains also custom css editor, with the help of which you can easily change the appearance of shortcodes.
You can find various examples of shortcode use and copy the code from here.
The full list of shortcodes and possible settings is specified here.
List of available add-ons for the plugin.
New widget "Shortcodes Ultimate"
Special Shortcodes Ultimate widget allows to use shortcodes in sidebar or website footer. Just add widget called "Shortcodes Ultimate" to the sidebar and press "Insert shortcode" button. Then select the required shortcode and insert it to the widget.